Cyber security is one of the hottest topics on the market today. Cyber Security startups are popping up left and right as a result of increasing demand, as more and more businesses fall victim to security breaches every year. The increased prevalence of hacking is an unfortunate consequence of rapidly advancing technology which gives birth to innovations in the mechanisms that hackers can use to steal sensitive digital data. However, you need not fear so long as you are constantly informed with the most relevant cyber security information and you are properly prepared to protect your company’s sensitive information.
The Business Implications of NOT Staying Informed.
- In 2016, over 33% of businesses lost at least 20% of revenue due to cyber security data breaches.
- Cyber security breaches could also lead to lawsuits if the personal information of clients or employees falls into the hands of the wrong person.
- Security breaches increased by an estimated 40% between 2015 and 2016 due to the constant evolution of hackers.
How to Stay Up-to-Date
- Reading blogs and news streams of cyber security experts are a good place to start. A general google search will pull many of sources you can follow to stay informed on the most up-to-date cyber security information.
- Following experts on social media will also help you stay informed in real-time. Brian Krebs might be a good place to start.
- Vulnerability alerts and advisories are another reliable source of up-to-date security information. These feeds are generated from organizations like The National Vulnerability Database and SecurityFocus.
- Attending cyber security seminars is another viable option for staying informed.
The Benefits of Staying Informed
- Having the ability to innovate without fear. 71% of executives reported that fear of security breaches impeded their explorations of innovations to their business.
- Having the freedom to focus on mission-critical initiatives without the fear of cyber security breaches impacting those initiatives, as 40% of businesses reported experiencing last year.
Ultimately, being proactive instead of reactive in regards to cyber security can lead to innovation, agility and a competitive advantage for businesses that adapt quickly and stay informed. It’s important to understand how to react to a crisis, but even more important, is staying up-to-date on cyber security information so that you may avert the crisis in the first place.
Easy Time Clock ™ is a cloud-based time and attendance system that provides a comprehensive, accurate, and affordable solution allowing employees to clock in and out with a computer, mobile device, or biometric reader.